Are you looking for ways to rank a new website on search engines(Google, Bing, Yahoo)? This article is for you.
A few years ago when I started blogging, I wasn’t doing well at all on search engines, after reading a lot of posts online from SEO gurus, Neil Patel and Brian Dean of Backlinko, I have come to realise that SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the best way to get traffic and rank websites quickly. Here are the ways to rank a new website, let’s get started.
Factors of ranking a new website
- Website responsiveness
- Site speed
- Post formatting
Website responsiveness is one of the factors of ranking a new site, when building a new website, consider the following:
- Mobile friendly: Make sure your website suits the screen of the mobile device.
- Text size: the size of the text on your website should not be too small, the recommended sizes are 16 px, 18 px, 20 px
- Easy Navigation: your website should have a menu for your site reader to easily navigate to several pages on the website.
Website speed matters a lot when it comes to rankings, every good website should load all pages within 5 seconds. So let’s say your competitor’s website takes 1 minute to load and yours takes less than a minute before it loads, there are 80% chances to outrank your competitor if you both target the same keywords in an article you made.
Keywords serve as the key to a successful blog, without using the right keyword in your blog posts, it takes forever to rank in the search engines. There are two types of keywords, namely:
- Long-tail-keyword: these are the type of keywords that contains more than 2 phrases, eg “how to create a website with a smartphone” it’s usually the best to go for when your website is new and doesn’t have enough DA(domain authority) to boost your page on SERPs.
- Short keyword: short keywords are the type of keywords that the big website always targets, keywords like SEO, Google ads, Facebook etc. A new blog can’t rank Google’s first, second, third, fourth or fifth pages.
Backlinks are the backbone of any website, not just anyhow backlinks but quality backlinks. There are two types of backlink, the
- Dofollow backlinks– these are the backlinks that give a website authority score, it simply tells Google to follow and pass the link juice to the external link linked to an article in your blog.
- No-follow backlinks- these backlinks have no positive effect on other websites, it tells Google not to follow the backlink and maintain its juices not flow to other websites(external URL)
When writing a post, it’s always better to optimize it in a way that will be user friendly, an article is not well optimized if the following are missing.
- Headings- H1 to an H6 heading is quite important in an article you will notice that this post you are reading has multiple headings, I use the H2 to H6 in this article, by doing so, I’m not only optimizing this post for humans, search engines love it more.
- Bulletin- using bulletins In your article is very good for SEO, it’s highly recommended to use in a post that has more than four subheadings.
- Number: using numbers in an article that consists of the listing is very good for SEO.
Inter-linking has to do with On-page or On-site SEO, when writing an SEO article, it is recommended to link to other blog posts on your site, you’re doing your site good By adding a minimum of 5 internal links in a post, it tells search engines to index a post as soon as possible. Wikipedia strategy of internal link building should be a case study if you don’t know how to link to your older posts in a new one.
How did you manage to rank your new website? Please let me know in the comment sections below.
Originally posted on November 30, 2021 @ 10:54 pm