Wordfence Security pro free download – The #1 WordPress Security plugin
Wordfence Security is the number one plugin trusted by over 2 Million active WordPress websites, with Wordfence security installed on your website, you don’t need to worry about hackers anymore as your site will be 100% secured.
This plugin has a free version that can be downloaded directly from the WordPress plugin directory, and if you want to fully protect your site, then go for the premium version.
“Wordfence runs at the endpoint, your server, providing better protection than cloud alternatives. Cloud firewalls can be bypassed and have historically suffered from data leaks”
“Wordfence firewall leverages user identity information in over 85% of our firewall rules, something cloud firewalls don’t have access to. And our firewall doesn’t need to break end-to-end encryption like cloud solutions” – Wordfence
Wordfence Security pro gives you real-time monitoring of websites, you only need to configure your site and let the plugin do the guard for you. Wordfence includes a Web Application Firewall (WAF) that identifies and takes care of malicious traffic.
Also, the Wordfence scanner checks core files, plugins, themes and contents for malware, harmful URLs, loops, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections.
Some core features of Wordfence security pro free download
- Endpoint firewall & malware scanner for security
- Block numerous malicious IPs and many attacks every day
- Provides better protection than cloud (uses an endpoint firewall)
- Supports real-time protection for better security
- Includes a web application firewall (WAF)
- Manage security of multiple websites via Wordfence Central
- Protect your website from leaked passwords
- Get live traffic details (IP and origin)
- Real-time IP Blacklist (Premium)
- Real-time Firewall Rule Updates (Premium)
- Malware Signature Updates in real-time (Premium)
- Supports advanced manual blocking
- Country blocking feature supported
- Recover from a hack with source code verification feature
- Two-Factor authentication feature (stop brute force attack permanently)
- Over 4 Million downloads
- 5-Star rating from happy customers
What’s New in Wordfence security pro V.7.5.5 (Changelog)
- Improvement: Expanded WAF capabilities including better JSON and user permission handling.
- Improvement: Switched to relative paths in WAF auto_prepend file to increase portability.
- Improvement: Eliminated unnecessary calls to Wordfence servers.
- Fix: Prevented errors on PHP 8.0 when disk_free_space and/or disk_total_space are included in disabled_functions,
- Fix: Fixed PHP notices caused by unexpected plugin version data.
- Fix: Gracefully handle unexpected responses from Wordfence servers.
- Fix: Time field now displays correctly on the “See Recent Traffic” overlay.
- Reduced SQLi false positives caused by comma-separated strings.
- Fixed JS error when resolving last scan result.
- And many other small enhancements and bug fixes.
Other Recommended plugins
Originally posted on August 6, 2021 @ 8:22 am